1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupted Micro SD card Recovery?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hnb5084, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Hnb5084

Hnb5084 Thread Starter

Hi, so I have a 200gb micro SD card that was corrupted and they want me to format it but I won't because it still has all of my music and pictures on it. I really want to get them back only about 30gb of the data was used up on the card. I have tried almost every program you can try to recover it but none have worked and I do not have the money to pay 100$ for best buy to do it or to buy a premium version of a program. I have tried the free Recuva and it kept saying "invalid disk size" probably cause it's so huge. I have tried the windows program with the command prompt and I guess the files are RAW so it didn't work. I've been through diskdrill, diskdigger, easeus free, ZAR, all of it. Please can some one help me, I am desperate.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If none of those programs work, then it likely can't be done. I've use Easeus Data Recovery in the past (which you listed above). Most of the quality tools will allow you to install and scan for free to see if any data is found. You don't need to purchase unless you use them for recovery.

Also, based on what you've done so far, it's very likely that the card isn't simply corrupted but is actually faulty or damaged. If the drive was working properly, several of the tools you noted above would have been able to read the drive and show you what is available.

This is the very reason why we all preach to make backup copies of ALL important data. If it's important and you don't want to lose it, you should have at least one backup copy.

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    You can check with the card manufacturer to see if they offer any free software or a paid recovery service less expensive than Best Buy.

If the card is some cheap, no-name import, you may be the victim of a deliberately mislabeled device. The memory controller inside the card may report 200GB capacity to the computer, but not actually have anywhere near that amount of memory inside. The controller just overwrites the old data with the new data and corrupts the whole thing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232591

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice