1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupted powerline

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jimboboran, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Jimboboran

Jimboboran Thread Starter

My son has removed the power cable to the pc and when he has restarted the pc we now have the blue screen of death not sure how to reset pc to factory settings or that it'll even help please can I have some advice

Many thanks the Burgess Family

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Jimboboran, and welcome to TSG.

I may not be able to solve the problem, but it would help us to help you if you gave us a few more details.

1) Are we safe to assume the power cord was disconnected while a desktop computer was running?

2) What operating system is used on the computer? Did the computer come with that version installed or was it an earlier version and upgraded?

3) Did the blue screen text say that the computer needed to be restarted right away or after Windows completed one or more tasks? If so, did the same or different blue screen message appear after the restart?

4) Does the blue screen say any specific task could not be found or completed? If so, what did it say? Was any specific error code number given? You can submit a legible photo of the screen as an attachment instead of trying to copy it all down.

5) What are the brand and exact model number of the computer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice