1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupted SD Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Leach, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leach

Leach Thread Starter

Hello, everybody.
    Today I recieved a new card reader from DealExtreme and I tried my SD card with it, but it was not able to read it and gave me this massage: "Please insert disk into drive X". When I click on proerties it says that the capacity of the card is 0 bytes, it can't be formatted - "There is no disk in drive X. Insert a disk, adn then try again." Windows XP SP3
    I tried changing the letter of the drive, changing to another USB port... nothing worked. I tried various data recovering tools, none of them worked - they didn't detect the drive or gave me some kind of error. I also tried to insert it in the SD slot of my laptop (also on XP SP3) and it says "The disk in drive X is not formatted. Do you want to format now?"
    So is there any hope of recovering my data... or at least saving my card?

P.S. I'm sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice