1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupted Sound Driver

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by couscous5, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. couscous5

couscous5 Thread Starter

Recently my sound driver has stopped working. I am pretty sure i caused it when i shut down my computer when it wasn't starting up properly. When I click on the sound icon in task manager (has a red x over it) it troubleshoots and says hardware changes might not have been detected. I've looked in device manager and when I open sound, video, etc the only thing in it is my webcam. I have tried reinstalling the realtek driver by downloading it off of the samsung website but that hasn't worked. If anyone has any ideas I am all ears.

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

We need to know the computer manufacturer and model, operating system version (including service pack level), and sound card manufacturer and model (unless it is built into the computer motherboard). Also, do you see any yellow ? or ! devices in Device Manager?

3. couscous5

couscous5 Thread Starter

Samsung NP300E5A-A01UB, Windows 7 home prem, Realtek 6.0.1.6413, no.

4. couscous5

couscous5 Thread Starter

Sorry the realtek thing is the driver. If thats any different.

5. couscous5

couscous5 Thread Starter

Service Pack 1, sorry

6. couscous5

couscous5 Thread Starter

the sound card is in the motherboard

7. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Sorry, I needed to run some errands. Look in Programs and Features and uninstall the Realtek software there, then try to re-install it.

8. couscous5

couscous5 Thread Starter

That didn't work. Is there some way i'm supposed to reinstall it like putting it under a certain folder or something?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice