Corrupted Sound Driver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

couscous5

Recently my sound driver has stopped working. I am pretty sure i caused it when i shut down my computer when it wasn't starting up properly. When I click on the sound icon in task manager (has a red x over it) it troubleshoots and says hardware changes might not have been detected. I've looked in device manager and when I open sound, video, etc the only thing in it is my webcam. I have tried reinstalling the realtek driver by downloading it off of the samsung website but that hasn't worked. If anyone has any ideas I am all ears.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
We need to know the computer manufacturer and model, operating system version (including service pack level), and sound card manufacturer and model (unless it is built into the computer motherboard). Also, do you see any yellow ? or ! devices in Device Manager?

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Sorry, I needed to run some errands. Look in Programs and Features and uninstall the Realtek software there, then try to re-install it.

couscous5

That didn't work. Is there some way i'm supposed to reinstall it like putting it under a certain folder or something?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online