1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corrupted sound FX?????

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Carobbean, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carobbean

Carobbean Thread Starter

Help!! I seem to have lost all my "sounds"..such as " youve got mail" etc etc...when I go to Control Panel and then Sounds and Multi Media and I pick a sound and click on the "listen" button I get the following response..."Windows cannot play C:\My Documents\MidiWav......" The file may be damaged or may use an unrecognized compression format. To resolve this oroblem replace the file or use Add/Remove programs in Control Panel to install Audio Compression. what does this all mean? went to Add/Remove programs but not sure what I am supposed to do?? Helpppppppppp please.....I have NO sound FX at all!!!

2. brianF

brianF

I doubt all you sounds are in my documents, seems like it's looking in the wrong directory.

try exploring your hard drive, find a .wav file right click, choose play, does the sound play.

You could try what your doing but use the browse button to select the file rather than have it go to my documents.

Most windows sound files are kept in the c:\windows\media directory, not my documents.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice