1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Corsair memory problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zbar, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zbar

zbar Thread Starter

I am having random lockups due to the 4GIG (2 X 2048) memory I have installed which is the
    Corsair CM3X2048-1333C9DHX 9-9-9-24 1.60v VER 2.2 (1333mhZ).
    As by bios does not have the 1.60V but 1.58 and 1.62 settings only I have it set at 1.58v to be safe.
    I have also tried the same but 1600MHz but the board only allows 2 gigs, 1 x 1gig stick in each (blue slot) strange!.

Can anyone tell where I can buy memory compatible with my Intel DX48BT2 main board that is 1333mhz with the xmp format?. The following requirements taken from my MB manual:-

System Memory​
    The board has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:​
    • ​
    1.5 V with option to raise voltage to support higher performance DDR3 SDRAM
    DIMMs​

• ​
    Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction:
    Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.​

• ​
    8 GB maximum total system memory. Refer to Section 2.1.1 on page 41 for
    information on the total amount of addressable memory.​

• ​
    Minimum total system memory: 256 MB​

• ​
    Non-ECC DIMMs​

• ​
    Serial Presence Detect​

• ​
    DDR3 1600 MHz, DDR3 1333 MHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, and DDR3 800 MHz SDRAM​

DIMMs

NOTES​
    • ​
    All DDR3 1600 MHz memory recommended for use on this board is based on the
    XMP format. See the following website for tested XMP modules:

• ​
    If you are using DDR3 1600 MHz DIMMs, it is recommentded that you only
    populate two of the four DIMM slots, specifically one slot in each channel. It is
    recommended that you populate slot 1 of each channel (black connectors).

• ​
    The maximum system memory for DDR3 1600 is 2 GB using 1 Gbit technology
    memory in a 1R x 8 configuration (single-sided modules).

• ​
    Remove the video card in the Primary PCI Express x16 connector before installing
    or upgrading memory to avoid interference with the memory retention mechanism.

• ​
    To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the
    board should be populated with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect
    (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the
    chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-
    SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory
    settings, but performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not

function under the determined frequency.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/935479

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice