Cortana Inbuilt Mic

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jeast

I read that someone can get a response more than 10 feet away but there must be a distance where it becomes inaudible due to reverb and signal to noise ratio the further away you are from the onboard mic

A post from another forum reckoned quote ‘I've bought a mic for about 5$ from a Toy store and when i tried to record i could hear my brother talking 2 rooms away with the door closed’. I cant see how this is possible just using a cheap mic unless he was using a preamp

How far is it possible to speak to cortana, would background noise from other rooms be able to trigger it?

jeast

*Im not sure if the man using the $5 mic was using it for cortana or just general recording. Im refering to an inbuilt mic on a laptop

If you put the mic gain up to 100% in windows would it be possible for cortana to make sense of words spoken from another room?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online