1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cortana will not respond to "Hey Cortana"

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by gdwitch, Mar 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdwitch

gdwitch Thread Starter

Unless I click the microphone first. I have a brand new windows 10 computer. I've run set up to have her learn my voice and respond to Hey Cortana, but she will only hear me if I click the microphone first (and she has no problem hearing me). Googled this issue and it appears I'm not the only one with this problem and thus far Microsoft Forums have not really come up with a solution for me or anyone else, other than setting up a new account profile which didn't work. They want me to do a repair in place upgrade which means I'll have to reinstall windows 10. This is a windows 10 computer, not an upgrade. Is there any other option? Can you assist? I have RealTek Digital Output.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!