Could anyone to explain to me what these files are? And could I delete them Safely

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lockeyp

Ean
HERE is the LIST of FILES which are currently in the bin, Before Deleting any of them I wish to know what they are and If it can be done safely. (Cabnet files, Cascading style sheet document files, CFG files, Configuration Settings, DAT files, Database files, BDXfiles, DFT file, DMP files, Enhanced Metafiles, ENU files, EXD files, Tempary Internet Files, Flash Video File, GED File, Graphics Interchange Format Image, HDMP files, HTML Document files, favicon Icon files, INX files , JScript Script Files, JSP files, MPEG, MSO files, MST files MTX files, OLD files, PAL files, PART file, Portable Network Graphic Image files, PVR files, Rich Text Format files, SETTINGS files, SHD files, SHL files, Shockwave Flash Object files, Shortcut files, SQM Files, STAT Files, SWPFiles, SYD Files, Systel File, Text Documents, TLB Files, TMP Files, True Type Font Files,
UK;KW=;GEN=M;AGE=13;DCOP files, Virtual Device Driver, Windows Installer Package, Windows Metafile, XML Documents)

This would be a help full in the future

Many Thanks

Lockeyp.

NICK G

Banned
Where did you get this conglomeration of junk?
Temp files, certainly. But you have so many files that may or not be of interest to you.
Text, flash, TTF, dat, etc.:confused: Keep them in the bin for a while until you find
any probs that may come up where one of those deleted files may help.
Your system backed up? If yes, then deleting anything will not permanently disable you.:)

To Lockeyp, What is the full pathname to the 'bin' file ? IE which bin file ?

Lockeyp

Ean
blkwint64. It the bin which is situated on the desktop. Not in IE.

Lockeyp

Lockeyp

Ean
Nick G. Yes! your are correct they're in the recycle bin.
I've been running Ashampoo 2007 which transfers all or most of the junk files to the reycle bin.
I don't wish to delete all them, because there are some files that I want to keep, and I am are still trying to recover from a previous misshap (ie) my Emails that I had accidently compressed . See my thread. "Solved: 'How do I Un-Compress me Email ? Answers on a postcard too... "( 1 2) .... But the rest of them are trash, Im stiil trying to find out which prefixes to delete & which ones are to stay.

Lockeyp.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
"Restore" the ones you want to keep (why are they in the bin in the first place?) and then empty the bin.

BTW your other thread, How do I .... is marked as being solved,

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
"L": Is this what you are using:
http://www2.ashampoo.com/webcache/html/1/product_2_1606__.htm

It would appear that it is very aggressive in its "optimizing," from what you say. *erhaps you should cease using it in favor of regularly recommended utilties; e.g., "CCleaner." In any event, don't use a Registry "cleaner/optimizer." They can be "bad news" and do nothing for improving the operation of your system.

{redoak}

Lockeyp

Ean
NickG. Reading back on the thread that you mentioned Not to delete but tokeep in the bin are flash,TTF, DAT, etc..... what are the ETC files.

Lockeyp.

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
"WP": "L" said, "I've been running Ashampoo 2007 which transfers all or most of the junk files to the reycle bin."

It appears "all or most" are not "junk files."

{redoak}

HERE is the LIST of FILES which are currently in the bin, Before Deleting any of them I wish to know what they are and If it can be done safely. (Cabnet files, Cascading style sheet document files, CFG files, Configuration Settings, DAT files, Database files, BDXfiles, DFT file, DMP files, Enhanced Metafiles, ENU files, EXD files, Tempary Internet Files, Flash Video File, GED File, Graphics Interchange Format Image, HDMP files, HTML Document files, favicon Icon files, INX files , JScript Script Files, JSP files, MPEG, MSO files, MST files MTX files, OLD files, PAL files, PART file, Portable Network Graphic Image files, PVR files, Rich Text Format files, SETTINGS files, SHD files, SHL files, Shockwave Flash Object files, Shortcut files, SQM Files, STAT Files, SWPFiles, SYD Files, Systel File, Text Documents, TLB Files, TMP Files, True Type Font Files,
UK;KW=;GEN=M;AGE=13;DCOP files, Virtual Device Driver, Windows Installer Package, Windows Metafile, XML Documents)

This would be a help full in the future

Many Thanks

Lockeyp.

http://www.filext.com/
lets you search for file extensions and find out more about what uses what and what they are.

But here is some sound advice; if you did not make it, or do not know what it is, YOU SHOULD NOT DELETE IT.
Many of those items you listed could be critical windows components and if messed with you may find your computer does not work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online