1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Could it be the PSU?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bchaff, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bchaff

bchaff Thread Starter

Bought a new video card visiontek hd2400 pro installed it it worked for a day now my comp boots up and the screen stays black have a 200watt psu it req 250-300 watts is it possable it could work for a while and then stop ...just wondered beofre i go get a new psu

2. Cazio

Cazio

Yup. I've seen it happen before. Replace that dinky old thing :).

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

I feel sure you need more power to psu than that.

4. bchaff

bchaff Thread Starter

ty i got a 350watt psu gonna try it tonight hope it works if not i'll go back and get the 450 kinda dissappointed in hp i bought the comp about 4 yrs ago with upgrading in mind but now i relising the psu was never up to par ...you'd figure they could put like a 450 watt in all systems...ohwell if it works i've gone from 512 ram and geforce 4 mx440 64 to 1.5gigs and hd2400pro all for about 100 bux which doesnt seem to bad to last me 9 months till i can get a new system....wondered how it would do playing cod4

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice