Could not create the direct3d device

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Scrob

Hi all, first post here.

I reinstalled windows, and updated all my drivers for my video card. I currently receive direct 3d errors when I run the tests in dxdiag. Any advice?

I'm running Windows XP professional. My video card is an ATI radeon 1600.

DirectX version is 9.0c.

Scrob

Also, the specific errors in dxdiag were:

Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure)
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)

Scrob

Okay, I've looked in some other places and it seems this error is related to 9.0.c Can anyone tell me how I can replace it with an earlier version of DirectX?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online