1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

could not find a font in the resources dictionary - using Helvetica instead

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by steve800, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve800

steve800 Thread Starter

could not find a font in the resources dictionary - using Helvetica instead

On FREEBSD 7 system running on a DELL desktop, with Apache22, PHP5, MySQL:

I'm getting the above message when I try to create a PDF file using exPDF in PHP on a FreeBSD system running Apache22 web server.

This message appears to show up, only when I use FIREFOX! When I run the script in IE, it seems to be running OK.

Would anyone have ANY idea what's causing this?

Any assistance is appreciated.

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

The default font used by Firefox for display is serif (look in Firefox>Edit>Preferences>Content). That said, I would assume that there is an incompatibility between the content you may have grabbed from Firefox(?) and attempted to paste into the expdf in php(?). I would google for font +expdf or font +php and hope to find font libraries that you could install to support whichever one is causing the problem (it is not likely Firefox).

What is the script you are running?

If the script is a bash script, can you modify the first line and change it to:
    #!/bin/bash
    to
    #!/bin/bash -x
    in order to get it to emit its execution stream to output and then post the output - so we can see exactly where the problem occurs?

-- Tom

3. steve800

steve800 Thread Starter

Thanks for the info ...

running a php script to create a PDF doc from scratch ... got 98.5% figured out and get that error at run-time ... just got in this AM ... will test an idea I received in my halfzeimer's brain at 3AM ...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice