1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

could not find any compatible direct 3d devices + more

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gc2209, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gc2209

gc2209 Thread Starter

Hi, thanks in advance

So it started out with me attempting to get rid of old programs and making comp go faster. I was manually at the add/remove programs getting rid of junk, not sure exactly which program I removed/uninstalled that did it but when I restarted comp the desktop looked all messed up- when I right click+properties at desktop the settings was default at color quality lowest 4bit and the resolution is at 640x480... all that good stuff. I tried changing it back to 32 bit and better resolution but the color quality will not change. I tried to be careful not to remove any programs that would do that but perhaps when uninstalling something critical went with it? Oh and for screensaver in desktop properties it says " cannot find any compatible direct 3d devices".... so basically I can't change my settings to 32 bit color it is stuck on the 4bit lowest color and same resolution!!!!

please help. if you need any other info from me do tell.

thanks

2. Leec65

Leec65

you need to reinstall your video drivers

3. gc2209

gc2209 Thread Starter

thanks and before i saw this i d/l a nvidia pack and got the drivers... restarted it, comp checked for errors and that took awhile then when windows came up it was fixed!

thanks

4. momof3gurlz

momof3gurlz

I had a slideshow on my computer that was named My Pictures Premium which allowed it to have a ferris wheel effect. All of a sudden it disappeared and a "could not find any compatible direct 3d devices" error comes up. I read the previous posts but I do not know how to reinstall my video drivers. Can someone help me please? Will this definitely fix my problem :confused:

5. momof3gurlz

momof3gurlz

Forget it it, I found out what the problem was. It was my hardware accelerator.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/547554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice