Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Could not find any compatible Direct 3D devices

6K views 25 replies 2 participants last post by  metallica5456 
#1 ·
Greetings,
Here is my problem, everytime I try to run a large program such as for example a game, I get this nasty pop-up window that tells me that it could not find any compatible Direct 3D devices.

I tried everything able, I checked all files, downloaded drivers, re-installed everything, I even had my PC go through a full format and downgraded my software to Windows 7 pro (from Windows 10).

Here are my Computer's technical specifications.:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7

Processor Count: 8

RAM: 8175 Mb

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series, -1 Mb

Hard Drives: C: 279 GB (232 GB Free); K: 1863 GB (1773 GB Free);

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z68XP-UD3

Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

I would be grateful if you could assist me, because it's being already (5) five days and keep going.
Yours,
PCNoble.

See less See more
#2 ·
Your specs show an R9 380 gpu. Where did you download and install the drivers from?

What manufacturer is your R9 390 from? Sometimes it's best to use the drivers package from the manufacturer instead of AMD directly.

#4 ·
If you have the packaging it will say on there. Some popular ones are Gigabyte and Sapphire. If you don't have the packaging anymore, look directly on the card itself.

If it would help you , you can take a picture of the card and post it here.

#6 ·
#16 ·
open a run box , (windows logo key + R) and type in the following command:

dxdiag, and press enter

It should open a Direct X Diagnostics Window.

On the first page look at the bottom and reply with the DirectX version listed there. Then click on the Display tab and advise of the info listed there. (Post a screenshot if possible)

#18 ·

Device

Name: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip Type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6939)

DAC type: Internal DAC (400MHz)

Total Memory : 3806

Current Monitor Setting: 1920x1080 (32bit) (59Hz)

Monitor: Monitor PnP general use

Driver Programs

Main Driver Program: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll

Version: 22.19.165.512

Date: 17/5/2017 11:22:34 pm

WHQL logo:

Version DDI: 11

Model Driver Program: WDDM 1.1

DirextX Capabilities

All show enabled

Notes

No problems found

#19 ·
Are you opposed to doing a reformat again and clean install of Windows 10?

I know that the drivers for the new crimson definitely work better on Windows 10 than 7, at least in my experience.

When you do a fresh install , what's the first thing you do to the fresh install?

#23 ·
That's tough to say, because it seems like a software issue to me, but a fresh install of the driver package should have resolved that.

Next, I don't know the specifics, but I do know when Crimson first cane out there were a lot of issues with Windows 7, but I hadn't heard anything serious about Crimson and Windows 10.

It's POSSIBLE that the card itself may be bad, but I'm kinda doubting that. If you had another computer you could install the card in and the drivers, you could see if you still have e the issue on that system too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.