Could restore damaged/corrupted image files (png/jpeg)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
They don't appear to be image files to my eye. Can you share where the files came from? Perhaps they were generated by some backup software?

samsimon123

They don't appear to be image files to my eye. Can you share where the files came from? Perhaps they were generated by some backup software?
I've spent 10 hours to figure out what's going on.....
1. I transfer files from one HD to another HD.
2. And it seems many images didn't transfer
3. I formatted first HD with original images before I knew that many images didn't transfer to tthe second HD....
4. After I figure out - that many images didn't transfer - I used 5 software to recover images - restore/repair..... but many of the images don't open.... but seems (hex/text/ansi) somewhat fine, but corrupted, they don't have in hex - the file format and a bit messed up.....

Johnny b

John
I downloaded the rar file, extracted the contents, but the files failed to open.
3 were png files

error.jpg

The 4th file had no file format designation.

4th error.jpg

I'm on a Puppy Linux OS.

texasbullet

Ramon
Check to see if your HDD is failing. If it is then you may have some corrupted sectors and it may be impossible to get those pictures back. I have had this problem too.

texasbullet

Ramon
Try installing crystal disc info (use the standard edition) and connect all HDD to your computer and you will see results within a minute to see the status of your HDD's. There are also other programs you can use, but takes some time to complete.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online