1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Could some help get my wi-fi back on my ipod touch.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by faceless-code, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. faceless-code

faceless-code Thread Starter

Ok so some water had gotten in my ipod touch and it still wake mostly except for wi-fi. I cant connect to the internet or internet base apps(on the main page of google but i cant shearch anything) but some apps work. This wifi bar under settings is gray and say "No Wi-Fi" could someone please help me get back. Ps the litmus paper turned pink in the dock or headphone jack.

2. oksteve

oksteve

Do not charge it

3. oksteve

oksteve

If you just splashed it then it could be ok, if you drowned it then things might be bad.
    Has it pasted it warranty period ? If so you may have to open it up to ensure everything gets dried out.
    If it is still under warranty then leave it warm and dry for at least 24-36 hours.
    You can get special tools to open the touch just don't use anything metal.

4. oksteve

oksteve

If it is dry and you cannot access the net then let us know

5. faceless-code

I think it is dry and most the features are ok but i cannot access the internet, your help would be much appreciated.

6. oksteve

oksteve

is wi fi also greyed out in Setting/General/network ?

If it is and you are absolutely 100% certain your Touch is dried out then you could connect it to itunes and restore it.
    Once your ipod connected,click on your icon and select the summary tab and then 'restore button'

It will mean you lose your media but everything will be restored to factory settings.
    You might find this from Apple helpful http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

7. faceless-code

ok i will try it but i have restored it before and it didnt work hopefully it works this time and thanks for all the help i appreciate it

8. faceless-code

sorry it didnt work

9. oksteve

oksteve

I use my Ipod touch every day and would hate to have this happen so believe me I want to find a solution to this too, should it ever happen to me.

After a little research it seems this was a problem with the 2g version.
    Some got fixed by clearing the cache in the browser, others were fixed by Settings/general/scroll to reset.
    You could take it to an Apple shop and have them check it out.
    Others never got fixed as it was a hardware problem.

Please try the above

10. faceless-code

Do the problem have to do with VPN?

11. oksteve

oksteve

VPN is off

Let me tell you how mine is set up to see if perhaps you might have missed something.Settings/wi fi (name of network) mine is called "Wits Ends" as it drove me there setting it up..lol
    Clicking Wi Fi takes you to Networks and the on/off slider.
    Under that a list of wi fi networks nearby .
    Have you any listed ?

Clicking 'Other' creates a login page for any known networks you can join that are not listed as they have been hidden from public view (AKA undiscoverable).

Ask to Join Networks is off

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920531

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice