1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Could someone look at these specs please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dj_endemix, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dj_endemix

dj_endemix Thread Starter

Hi. My buddy is building me a computer and he sent me a list of the components he is gonna use to make me a desktop. I was wondering if someone could look at the list and let me know if I am getting a good deal and how you would rate the computer and if you had any suggestions.

Motherboard: ASUS P5GD1 915P LGA775 1xPCI-E X16 3xPCI-E X1 GbLan SATA & IDE Raid
    CPU: Intel P4 LGA-775 540 3.2E w/HT
    RAM: OCZ4001024PDC-K 2x512M PC3200 Kit 2.5-3-3-7 (1GB Total)
    Video: SAPPHIRE Radeon X600XT 256MB PCI-Express 16x
    Sound: onboard 8-channel HD audio
    HDD1: WD Caviar SE 80G 7200rpm SATA 8M
    HDD2: Caviar SE 200G 7200rpm SATA 8M
    CD: 16X DVD int. IDE Black
    DVD: GSA 4160B 16X/8X Dual Layer DVD/RW Oem Black
    Case: Scorpio 868 Mid Tower BLUE w/o PS
    PS: ATX 500w P4 Power Supply

So there it is. The whole thing, after tax will be $1625.00 (CND).

2. pronute

pronute

The hardware is top notch, in the states I would charge about the same including labor so yes it's a great deal. One suggestion get as much cooling as you can the P4 PrescottÂ’s get very hot as does the Northbridge, and memory, typical temps in my P4 3.2E are around 50c to 64c and system temps are around 24c to 27c and this is a socket 478 with 5 case fans (3 in 2 out), the LGA's get even hotter. Read more on this here-- http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20041114/p4_560-06.html

3. sebb2004

sebb2004

From NewEgg a got a price of almost exact system for $1166 US
    Not including shipping, putting it together and testing.
    http://www.newegg.com/

4. rockinmale

rockinmale

Everything is top notch but the only recommendation i have is to make sure you get a quality power supply. You only listed a 500 watt psu. So im hoping its not a no name cheap one. Tell your friend you want an antec or enermax power supply these are the top two recommended power supplies. Trust me you dont want a cheap power supply powering up that rig.

I wish, i could afford that setup..... :D

TC
    rockin'male :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/306126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice