1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Could someone reccomend me a CD burner?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by geno80000, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. geno80000

geno80000 Thread Starter

I'm considering buying a CD burner, and I have at most 100 dollars to spend. This would be my first burner. I would like to buy something not TOO expensive... for example, if there was only a slight difference in speed, but a 20 dollar difference, I'd go with the slightly slower one. I would like to get the most bang for my buck... and I really have no idea where/what I should get.

2. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

I use an HP CD W 9300 series. I love it and it was reasonbly priced. :D

John

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    i personally like LG drives and most come with Roxio software which has a straight forward interface that's easy to use.

4. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

I have a Samsung that cost $90 with a $30 rebate from Best Buy. Works great! :) Watch for rebates when you shop around! Good luck. Take care. angel :)

5. n2gun

n2gun

I have a LG Electronics and have had no problem with it. A good place to check prices is the link below

http://www.pricewatch.com/

6. geno80000

geno80000 Thread Starter

Could someone please give me a direct link?

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Would you like us to supply the credit card number for you to buy it with too? :rolleyes: When you go to Pricewatch, it's a trivial exercise to do a search on the make/model and find the stores that sell it. It's probably easier than coming back here several times to get someone else to do your shopping for you.

8. slipe

slipe

You don’t have to compromise if you are in the US. You can get the latest and greatest Lite-On for $60 delivered with no tax and free shipping: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...g=5&manufactory=1336&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

Newegg is reliable.

The burner has good reviews. The newer you get the more likely you are to have the subtle abilities to make backups of copy protected CDs. It comes with Nero which is excellent.

9. Dan Mc

Dan Mc

PLEXTOR! I have thrtee of them and the software is great...not a problem with any of them!

10. kramnnim

kramnnim

Liteon or Plextor, and look for one that somes with Nero, rather than Easy CD creator.

11. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

[​IMG]

12. exocet

exocet

I strongly agree with slipe. Lite-ons are very decent burners, and you can get a nice one for 50-60 on newegg.com. In fact, i just purchased a new 48x to replace my 24x burner. No problems whatsoever.

13. EdGreene

EdGreene Banned

I bought and use 2 (two) refurbished Phillips burners for $60 and $50 respectively. The $60 burner has done 391 music and data CDs without a hitch. I'm amazed because the two, brand new burners I bought and used before had a lot (any foul-up is a lot to me) of buffer underruns, especially when used with EZCD Creator software.
    (The $60 burner worked so good I jumped at the chance to get the other at $50).

I used another $30 to buy MusicMatch w/Burner Plus! burner program (although EZCD Creator works alright for most things).

So it was under $200 for two burners, program and 100 CDs.

Try a Phillips "refurbished" burner.
    PS: it burns at up to 12X

14. DaveLB

DaveLB

I just purchased a new Lite-On it cme with Nero but works great with Musicmatch. Have burned at 52 with no glitches.
    Only $60

15. Politicaldog

Politicaldog

On my other HP I put in a http://www.tdk.com/cdburners/velocd24x.html and it has run flawlessly. I would still be using it but my new PC already had a HP CD-Writer 16cdf. It runs great too but I really liked the blue tray on the TDK.

Who likes their PC to look racey?..lol Pc nuts are like car nuts?...lol

Good Luck
    Politicaldog:)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!