Could someone reccomend me a CD burner?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

geno80000

I'm considering buying a CD burner, and I have at most 100 dollars to spend. This would be my first burner. I would like to buy something not TOO expensive... for example, if there was only a slight difference in speed, but a 20 dollar difference, I'd go with the slightly slower one. I would like to get the most bang for my buck... and I really have no idea where/what I should get.

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
I use an HP CD W 9300 series. I love it and it was reasonbly priced. :D

John

Triple6

Rob
i personally like LG drives and most come with Roxio software which has a straight forward interface that's easy to use.

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
I have a Samsung that cost $90 with a $30 rebate from Best Buy. Works great! :) Watch for rebates when you shop around! Good luck. Take care. angel :)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Originally posted by geno80000:
Could someone please give me a direct link?
Would you like us to supply the credit card number for you to buy it with too? :rolleyes: When you go to Pricewatch, it's a trivial exercise to do a search on the make/model and find the stores that sell it. It's probably easier than coming back here several times to get someone else to do your shopping for you.

PLEXTOR! I have thrtee of them and the software is great...not a problem with any of them!

Liteon or Plextor, and look for one that somes with Nero, rather than Easy CD creator.

Originally posted by slipe:
You don’t have to compromise if you are in the US. You can get the latest and greatest Lite-On for $60 delivered with no tax and free shipping: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...g=5&manufactory=1336&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

Newegg is reliable.

The burner has good reviews. The newer you get the more likely you are to have the subtle abilities to make backups of copy protected CDs. It comes with Nero which is excellent.
I strongly agree with slipe. Lite-ons are very decent burners, and you can get a nice one for 50-60 on newegg.com. In fact, i just purchased a new 48x to replace my 24x burner. No problems whatsoever.

EdGreene

Banned
I bought and use 2 (two) refurbished Phillips burners for $60 and $50 respectively. The $60 burner has done 391 music and data CDs without a hitch. I'm amazed because the two, brand new burners I bought and used before had a lot (any foul-up is a lot to me) of buffer underruns, especially when used with EZCD Creator software.
(The $60 burner worked so good I jumped at the chance to get the other at $50).

I used another $30 to buy MusicMatch w/Burner Plus! burner program (although EZCD Creator works alright for most things).

So it was under $200 for two burners, program and 100 CDs.

Try a Phillips "refurbished" burner.
PS: it burns at up to 12X

I just purchased a new Lite-On it cme with Nero but works great with Musicmatch. Have burned at 52 with no glitches.
Only $60

On my other HP I put in a http://www.tdk.com/cdburners/velocd24x.html and it has run flawlessly. I would still be using it but my new PC already had a HP CD-Writer 16cdf. It runs great too but I really liked the blue tray on the TDK.

Who likes their PC to look racey?..lol Pc nuts are like car nuts?...lol

Good Luck
Politicaldog:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts