1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Could someone recommend a laptop?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Likeatalltree, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Likeatalltree

Likeatalltree Thread Starter

I just bought an acer laptop and everything i have tried has worked except Sims 2 runs really crappy on it. I think ill just buy a new laptop that is capable of playing the sims 2 well. If anyone has a laptop that plays this game with good graphics I would appreciate a recommendation. My Budget is $1000 or less. I just want one that plays sims 2 without lagging and bad quality picture.

Thanks

2. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

I would recommend Alienware's Sentia series

Sentia

Alienware is great for games and picture quality

3. Likeatalltree

Likeatalltree Thread Starter

The integrated graphics and the 1.5ghz processor don't look very appealing. Have you had experience with the sentia's graphics?

Thanks for replying

4. jp1203

jp1203

The HP Business series ones seem good, my dad has an NC series.

It's got:

1.86 GHZ centrino
    60 GB 7200 RPM HDD
    128 MB ATI Graphics
    512 MB RAM

That's all I can remember. When he got it it was 2500$, but now it's around 1400.

IBM probably has some good ones, too.

5. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

I know the graphics dont sound good but they are top of the line for the price

if you want you can upgrade the m3200 to a
    Intel Pentium M 740 1.73GHz for under $1000/Intel Pentium M 760 2.0Ghz for $1150

or the m3450 to
    Intel CoreĀ™ Duo Processor T2400 1.86GHz for $1100

6. Kramer55

Kramer55

The laptop in my profile (the computer button next to my name) cost nearly 2,000$; granted it was from Dell, but even with the 256 MB video card from ATI, I have a hard time running games of any sort.

A 1,000$ budget will not get you far for a laptop, but if you would spend that same amount on a desktop, you could, if you shopped around, find/build a very powerful computer.

7. Smety

Smety

Get a Dell, they have very good Notebooks, and they are pretty nice too . . .

www.dell.com

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!