1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Could this be a scam?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Servant of Eru, Apr 19, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru Thread Starter

Recently I've been trying to win a bowflex from several different auctions on Ebay. Not at the same time in case I won, but the one I'm currently involved in, with three days to go, and me as the high bidder currently, is located HERE. Then, after I bid on it again today, when I got the screen that confimed that my bid had been placed, it popped up that there was another similar item from the same seller. It has the same description and everything, even the same exact pictures, unless he took them with the thing sitting in the exact same spot in the room he took them in; only it's set to terminate a day later. It's located HERE. By now I had become suspicious that this could be a scam, and looked at the accepted payment options, and to my dismay the only forms of payment this seller accepts are Personal Checks, and Money Orders. :eek: No PayPal? (n)

2. izme

izme

Servant, If you have misgivings or a bad feeling about this, I suggest you run the other way! ;) (y)

follow your gut instinct first always!

Alot of scammers at E.Bay

><">

3. rmay635703

rmay635703

I doubt its a scam, but the seller is lazy, they apparently have more than one and figure that picture is good enough.

No telling how many that guy will sell.

Cheers

4. Servant of Eru

Just dug a little deeper, and apparently this user has been selling nothing but Bowflexes, and Bowflex attachments? :confused:

Is there a reason to sell a constant flow of these over Ebay for a period of 12 or so months? :confused:

5. Servant of Eru

He also seems to have a ton of positive feedback, so I dunno. :(

6. Gibble

Gibble

Alot of people rather than setting up stores or their own websites, use EBay to sell their goods through.

7. Servant of Eru

Hm, well, we'll see. Even if it isn't a scam, if I have to bid much higher than $600 I'm afraid it's too much for me. Why is it that everyone on Ebay's an idiot though, and bids when there's still three days left in the auction. You would think that they'd figure out that if everyone scrambles say fifteen minutes before the auction terminates that they'd be able to get their goods much cheaper. :(

8. rmay635703

rmay635703

Generally if you don't bid on something others don't either, I always wait to place any bid until the last 30 seconds

If that bowflex doesn't workout I have a nordic track walkfit for yah cheap :)
    (too bad its completely different)

Good Luck

9. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

We sell what sells! If he's making money, why quit selling? His feedback is certainly good -unless you really do your homework you should never buy from anyone with less than a 98%. His other ones have been going for over $1000, I'd look somewhere else, or start saving my money.

10. McTimson

McTimson

Many times, people will get stuff from government auctions/wholesale listings, and it's all the same thing, or they just bought a huge lot from somebody else for cheap, and they're selling them individually...

11. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Yeah, he probably gets 'em wholesale or drop shipped or something. But there are plenty of scams on eBay.
    If you want to win those auctions in the last few seconds, you could try an auction sniper, there are tons out there.

12. Rockn

Rockn

If the only payment methods are money order or personal check I would steer clear. Ask the seller for proof that they are two different items or you will dispute the sale. So are you the high bidder on the $500 or the $200 item? wait a minut...they are both up to over $700 now. With shipping you will be paying close to $900 by the time the bidding is over, maybe more. You could have shopped a used sports equipment store and saved yourself some money.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice