1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Could use some help picking out a laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mattig89ch, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattig89ch

mattig89ch Thread Starter

not sure where to put this thread, but I was hoping to find some recommendations for a laptop new laptop purchase.

Of course, if this is a problem, I'll never do this again.

I need a new laptop for college. I have a $500 limit. I don't mind a laptop with windows 8, but I'd prefer 7 if at all possible.

I know I want at least a 2.0 ghz quad core proc, 6 gigs of ram. And I now I don't want a chrome book, but besides that, I'm completely up in the air.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you have a large choice and noone will be able to give you a specific model

I would suugest you look for an i3 CPU
    or at least compare cpus using a benchmark site like
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
    gives the chance to compare CPUs
    then make sure it has USB3 on the device

For windows 7 - you will be limited to the more expensive models, But Dell have these models available
    also I know in the UK Fujitsu and Toshiba also provide new W7 laptops

Next decide on the screen size you want - then just have a look and find a few models - you can then post here and perhaps get views on the difference between the laptops you are thinking of

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1131692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice