couldn't get past black screen at startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

indigowindow

i had to try scanreg /restore twice, going back to the 24th to get started. errors were 2 blue screens: exception 06 occurred at 0028:E85F661C in vxd...called from 0028:C1A7F7F8 in vxd EMU10K1(01) + 00016518, then fatal exception OD at 045F 00003FB1 and then the black screen: windows protection error-need to restart computer (and then a picture from my x-rated files). just did a scan at trend housecall and no virus was found. :confused:

It's a Sound Blaster DOS Emulation driver. Not sure what to tell you to prevent it. But if I had it and it kept happening, I would remove Sound Blaster and custom reinstall it without DOS Emulation.

indigowindow

i disabled it in hardware profile in the device manager of my computer. is this what you meant.....:p

No, but it's a good idea to try that first. I don't have SB so I can't really provide personal info, just what others have reported -- and sometimes the "disable" doesn't seem to resolve some issues.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online