Counter-strike Mic Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BiNx

ok in order to use my mic i have to run the voice tweak program ... and my mic will be loud and clear in cs... then the map changes and it stops working...its all just fuzz. ... i have to get out of csa and redo the voice tweak every time and its really annoying
plz plz plz deargod help me!

BiNx

o yea my specs are
windows XP
ESS ALegro PCI Audio (WDM) sound care
255 mb sd ram
p3 850
DSL connection

BiNx

i'm totally updated cuz i just formatted so all my drivers are up to date

BiNx

nope cs is the only one
do u think it could be my sound card?

I had a lot of trouble with my mic in Half Life game chat. My mic would just cut in and out rapidly making it worthless. Part of the problem was my sound card drivers. I have an Audigy. That driver update was the primary fix. Granted this sounds different from your problem.
Do you have a CS shortcut with console enabled?

Add " +voice_dsound 1" to your target line in the shortcut properties. Be sure you leave a space in front of the + sign. Mine, bear in mind it's DoD but essentialy the same, reads like this:

C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game dod +voice_dsound 1

BiNx

nope i dont use a short cut ... i usee a chat program called mirc...so i got an addon where it just takes me tot he server i want ... no short cut involved

Is it possible that's whats causing your problem? I connect through HLSW which is pointed at my shortcut. The shortcut is really just there to enable the console.

BiNx

cant be there problem ... its set to my hl.exe plus i have gone thru cstrike.exe b4 iu had this addon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online