1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Counter-Strike Open GL

Discussion in 'Games' started by EvilHand, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EvilHand

EvilHand Thread Starter

Help! I can't get my Open GL to work for Counter-strike anymore!! I'm running windows xp and using the Counter strike mod. I've never had this problem before but now whenever i try to join a server it says The video mode is not supported by your video card. I've tried direct 3d doesn't seem to work correctly with it. I've reinstalled video card drivers and the game and still no luck. Any help or suggestions?

System Specs:
    1.4 ghz p4
    ge force 4 ti4200 64 mb ram
    768 mb rdram pc 800

2. kwill152001

kwill152001

i have no idea what you are on about so sorry to get your hopes up when you see youve got a reply - however,
    i do know a secret in counter-strike that you might not know (though saying that, you probably do).
    Hold down control and shift and click on the top right speaker at the main menu. It then brings up the Giant Ant campaign.

3. flyeater

flyeater

Be sure you have the latest drivers installed for your vid card then check to see that you have OpenGL enabled in the game menu. OpenGL is the only way to go with all Half Life mods. Even if you can get D3d to work it will look like crap.

4. Stos

Stos

Yeah, also, you may have to try different video settings, such as screen resolution.

oh and kwill152001, this is Half Life: Counter Strike... not Command and Conquer: Counter Strike. ;)

5. AtreideS

AtreideS

Ahh yes, I remember the old ant campaign. Who knows why they decided to use the name Counter-strike for counter-strike when the name was already used in C&C: Counter-Strike. But I suppose they didn't realise their humble little mod would become the most played online game ever. :D

6. Stos

Stos

this is true... ah... the good ol days of RTS, when they were good and didn't try to incorporate FPS's in them to get more money out of us... Starcraft, the best RTS ever IMO... but now I'm just getting off topic. heh. :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice