1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Counter-Strike:Source Error,

Discussion in 'Games' started by freddukes, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. freddukes

freddukes Thread Starter

2GB Samsung PC3200 Memory (2 x 1gb)
    3500+ AMD Athalon skt 939 64 bit
    GForce 6600 512MB DDR-3 memory
    Windows XP Pro 32bit
    ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard
    160GB Seagate SATA HardDrive
    600W power Supply

There is my specs for my PC, I was running CSS fine then one day decided to come up with this error message about 5 seconds after i joined a server.

[​IMG]

I have all the latest drivers and I have just wiped my HDD clean... So no viruses, no bugs.... I can play all other Valve Steam games fine and any other game my graphics can handel... I havn't got a clue, i've searched google for the problem, but nothing... Any help?

2. McTimson

McTimson

Does the error occur every time you try to join a server? Have you tried joining different servers?

3. cowcow20

cowcow20

dude yea i get that sometimes but i can always reboot it back up.... and ur specs r perfect for the game

4. freddukes

freddukes Thread Starter

Yea my PC should be able to play it no problem... I wiped my HDD clean yet again, this time I installed all the drivers from my disk and updated them that way rather than downloading later ones... It's a legit copy of CSS... All my steam games don't seem to work, however all my other games work like far cry for instance... I'm having no other trouble, I have the latest version of direct x 9.0c no hadware problems, and I even installed the games off of steam rather than installing the majority of the 3gigs off the disk... So it's not my disk at fault either, I'm stumped...

Edit: I've tried loads of different servers, Normal maps such as de_dust and also custom maps such as surf_10x_final... I've also tried servers with mods on and servers without... No difference... Even if I create my own server it crashes...

-freddukes

5. freddukes

freddukes Thread Starter

It don't matter now, I've sorted it... My BIOS didn't like dual channel memory, so I just put my matched pairs on there single channels, and it works fine now... I should be able to get dual channel working with a BIOS update... Thank you for the help

-freddukes

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice