Counter-strike Source help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

import810

My cs:s stopped working it said my graphic drivers were out of date, so i updated them. Now the game doesn't work at all even when I try to set it back to factory settings.

How does the game "not work at all". Please explain what occurs when trying to load the game. Interesting that it clued you in on the fact you were using older drivers. I've only seen a couple of games that do this. Which graphics card do you have?

import810

i have an agp 8x Nvidia GForce4 FX5200. When i load it it now it sais video settings incorrect would you like to convert it back to factory settings. I choose yes and it just restarts and sais the same thing.

uninstall the drivers completely. There's a program called 'DriverCleaner'(which is free) that may help you completely remove it. Then re-install.

I have exactly the same problem with my GeForceFX 5200 card. It says "video settings incorrect would you like to convert it back to factory settings?" I choose yes and it just restarts and says the same thing.

I have the same video card but i even can't 'play' the game. This is the second time i installed half-life 2 on my pc and before gaming he demands to login. I did that, but now he asks my cd-key. I enter my cd-key that i can find on my box, but he says this cd-key is already used! I think it has something to do about this is the second time I install it. But I really don't know the problem. Plz help...

This happened to me also, I just uninstalled every graphics drivers I had, and installed the nvidia 71.89 drivers. If this still doesnt help, try the Omega Drivers. There is a chance of them not working because they are out of date (Forceware 66.93), but I used them before I reinstalled the 71.89 drivers and they were fine, plus Omega Drivers are very stable.

For anyone who is still interested in this topic, I am using a Geforce 5200 (128). I think this card is basically too crap to run some games properly, I was looking at the Battlefield 2 minimum spec and it specified Geforce 5700 as the minimum so I guess the bottom end series 5 cards just don't cut it anymore.

Drop back to the next latest driver release. Currently release 7.1.8.9 works. The latest (77.72) does not. It gives you all kinds of errors before finally crapping out. I have a 5200 and tried to update and got all the same crap. (y)

The 5200 works pretty good if you dont try to max out the settings.

Skiz

bah, the newest nvidia drivers were givin me hell too... all my videos were washed out and extremely bright... i just rolled back to the 71.89's. hope they work.

and a 5200 is gettin mighty outdated...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts