1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Counter-strike source problem!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by helpme??, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. helpme??

helpme?? Thread Starter

I can't seem to join cs_office map. I can load it but after loading finishes and it's about to join
    my monitor screen turns black and monitor screens yellowish greenish light flashes... :confused: :( I have to press restart button to get my computer back to normal...

I can play dust2, dust, nuke, aztec etc...

I have 512MB RAM and Geforce 5 series graphics card.
    Do I need to get a better graphics card and more RAM?

PLEASE HELP ME!

2. helpme??

helpme?? Thread Starter

I've tried to join cs_office again and it exited the css screen back to my original screen and this pop up came up 'failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::lock vertexbuffer'

What is this?! Why is this happening to me? What do I need to do?

HELP!!!

3. McTimson

McTimson

If every other map works fine, I would delete the map from your map directory, and then try to join the server again, and it will download a fresh copy of the map.

4. helpme??

helpme?? Thread Starter

Have done that but still my monitor turns black and monitor light flashes.
    When this happen I have to press restart button... :(

I think I need a new graphics card and a 512+ RAM...

5. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

You don't really need to upgrade if you don't care about the settings. That is not related to monitors problem with the hardware.

Have you try update the latest drivers?

www.nvidia.com

6. helpme??

helpme?? Thread Starter

My driver's up to date. I think I'm using DirectX 9.0c
    I have googled to find out what 'failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::lock vertexbuffer' and it said it was to do with the Directx version and
    it says you got to download the latest Directx version...

So I went on www.microsoft.com/windows/directx and was trying to download it but it said this only downloads and work if your computer is Genuine Windows Microsoft. My computer isn't Genuine Windows Microsoft because it's Custom Built.
    So I was wondering how do I download Directx without going to microsoft bothering about GWM pop ups...
    I haven't downloaded off Microsoft because I didn't want to get annoyed by MICROSOFT's pop ups...

Should I just call my Pc professional who've built my computer to do this for me?
    I'm not good with computers :( lol...

7. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Its doesn't mean that non genuine is a custom built, you may have use the illegal copy of windows xp and you can't download directx unless you bought the genuine copy of windows.

8. helpme??

helpme?? Thread Starter

I think all the maps with bots in it that I can not join. I think I should just get a new PC and upgrade everything. My PC is pretty old so I think I should get a new PC.

9. jmooner

jmooner

When you first load up CS:S, try alt-tabbing to your desktop. Then press ctrl-alt-delete. Now click on the processes tab. Scroll down until you find hl2.exe, and right click on it. you will see a choice that says "set priority". Mouse over that, and the priority should be set to "normal", mouse over "low" and click it. This simple technique doesn't harm your pc in anyway, and it has been found to cure numerous problems w/ the hl2engine. I don't know if it will work in your specific case, but it is worth a try. Lemmie know how that works.
    -Jeff

10. helpme??

helpme?? Thread Starter

Getting this message too, - [Enternal engine error] Internal driver error in I or l Direct3DDevice9:: present()

So does anyone know what's up?

I think it's my Graphics card / DirectX problem but not too sure...

11. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Well, i don't think its a graphics problem there is no way you can update your directx 9. Unless you have a legal copy of Windows XP.

12. tom6049

tom6049

That's a DirectX 8 error.....try forcing the game to run in DirectX 7.

-Open Steam
    -Click the My Games tab
    -Right-click Counter Strike Source
    -Select Properties
    -Click the Set launch options...
    -Add -dxlevel 70 .....don't forget the dash in front of the dxlevel70 !!!!!!
    -Click OK
    -Click Close

13. helpme??

helpme?? Thread Starter

What would this do? I don't want to stuff up my settings :( and I don't want to change settings that can't be fixed or hard to fix...

14. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Don't be afraid to do so, you can always get this working again and again.

15. helpme??

helpme?? Thread Starter

Oh what the hell? CS_OFFICE is working.
    I tried to join cs_office again today and it didn't work at first. I had to restart my Pc like
    I always had to because it stuffs my computer up. But then tried joining cs_office again after the restart and it worked.
    I think I've tried joining 3 times :(

This is what I did --

1. Loaded the cs_office map
    2. quickly pressed Alt tab so that I was on my original PC screen and waited
    3. Waited few seconds and Alt tab-ed and I was on cs_office

What could have been the problem?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648651

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice