1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Counter Strike Source

Discussion in 'Games' started by Shortys748, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shortys748

Shortys748 Thread Starter

Hello i recently bought Counter Strike Source (also included Day of Defeat Source) i used to have the regular CounterStrike and Day of Defeat but deleted them after buying Source now when i go to open up either Counter Strike Source or Day of Defeat nothing happens it wont load up.......another friend of mine is having this same problem any sulution or anyone else having this problem?

2. in3rt!a

in3rt!a

im assuming you installed Steam, right?

i think your problem is a little vague... you mean you click the game icons and nothing happens?
    are you sure both games are completely updated and installed?

3. Shortys748

yeah i am using steam when i click on the game icons it says "preparing to load Counter Strike Source/Day of Defeat Source" then that dialoge box dissapears and nothing happens

4. in3rt!a

in3rt!a

check your steam bandwidth monitor to see if youre updating the games. see this picture to see how to check the bandwidth monitor.

if the games are updating, wait until theyre done.

if nothings there, then read this.
    that verifies the steam cache files and checks their integrity.

5. Shortys748

yeah its updating when its done ill post if its working now

6. Shortys748

ok its done updateing and still the same thing...........any ideas?

7. Shortys748

*bump* i really need to know

thanks in advance

8. Shortys748

i know they are updated all the way and installed it says 100% ready by the icons so i have no clue what the problem is

9. obvious

obvious

i think it's trying to build some kind of cache for the games (i really don't know with steam). My advice? hit it.

10. |CeRtIfIeD|

|CeRtIfIeD|

can any one help me about sumthing about my cd key because i logged of my steam but then i forgot my pass and the secret answer wat do i do to get my steam back

11. AdrianClarke

AdrianClarke

Are you lying? Cause we've done this before when someone tried to lie to us lol

Butttt, you cannot retrieve your cd key, that's why when installing steam says "Safely store your information in a place" or something. I printed like 10 copies of it.

@ shorty...for your problem, did you do the verify cache thing that In3rt!a said?

12. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

i think they both have something to hide, if your friend is having same problem, you must be sharing keys?

why dont you gentlemen email steam, their support turnaround is great, adn they can help you immensly.

13. BuS3ayiid

BuS3ayiid

Hi Guys, I Really Need Help
    I Got CS Source I Got My Product Key I Got My Email But I Forgot My Password And My Secret Answer What Should I Do..!?

14. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

You need to email steam for support. We cannot help you with this issue as doing so could promote illegal activities.

Plus... the rest of us remember our passwords or learn to write down a list on paper :p

15. scaleo3

scaleo3

ok, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and then check processes, if the HL2.exe shows up there for a few secounds then atleast it aint steam thats having problems, that would mean that HL2 engine crashes at start up, go through the steam support page and see if anything there would help you, such as Launch options ( for example ) -dxlevel 81 (lowers the dx level so older graphic cards can run it)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice