1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Counterstrike Error !

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mortalis, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mortalis

Mortalis Thread Starter

when i try to connect to a server, my cs says "cstrike.exe error" and poff I am in windows again. When I later try to get back to my "screensice(1152*864)" everything gets black on the screen, excepts a tiny tiny spot on the screen. In the spot i stands "rundll32"...what shall I do?
    I have tried to reinstall the computer serveral times, the same with counterstrike, what's wrong?

//Mortalis

2. Endemix

Endemix Guest

Whats the rest of the error message?

"rundll32..."

and also, have you ever ran counterstrike correctly on your system before...plus...include some system specs

3. AtreideS

AtreideS

I agree with Endemix.
    Some more information about your PC will be helpful.
    What are the Specs of your computer? Ie. CPU, RAM, Video Card...
    What Operating System are you using? Ie. Win98, winXP....
    What version of DirectX are you using?
    Go to RUN and type 'dxdiag' to bring up DirectX.
    Now go to RUN and type MSINFO32. Select Software Enviroment, and then Startup Programs. It would be helpful if you copy and paste the list here so we can have a look and see if there is anything causing a problem.
    Have you got the latest drivers for your video card? If you have a nVidia card, then go to http://www.nvidia.com to get the latest drivers.

When you say you've reinstalled the computer several times, what exactly do you mean? Im guessing you mean you've reinstalled the operating system (Win98, WinNT, WinXP, Win200, Linux..etc)?

4. Endemix

Endemix Guest

Better yet, upload all the info as an attachment. Then I'm sure we'll fix your prob in no time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice