counterstrike: FPS CAPPED AT 60! HELP!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hy0n

I recently bought a new computer, and here are its specs. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5Ghz
4094MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT(512mb), Windows Vista Premium 64bit.

My Counter Strike is not able to go over 60 :(. I'm not sure why, because I know that my graphics card should be able to reach 100 easily. I've turned off Vertical Sync, anti-aliason, fps_max 101 in console, developer 1 in console, have tried all video settings in counterstrike, and i've set the graphics card to highest performance, please can anyone help me?

The real question is why do you need anything over 60? anything much higher really isnt going to make much of a difference if im not mistaken.

hy0n

Many reasons, if you are experienced in Counter-Strike, you can tell the differences between 60 fps and 101. Air strafing requires at least 70+ FPS also.

There should be an option in your advanced video settings that is enabled. Something along the lines of wait for vertical refresh. It is going to cap your fps to whatever the refresh rate of your monitor is. You should be able to disable it. I can with my ATI card. It was under 3D and all settings, then wait for vertical refresh.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online