1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Counterstrike Problems... HELP!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ruff Ryder, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruff Ryder

Ruff Ryder Thread Starter

Alright, I have a major problem with Counterstrike. Here's the problem: Everytime i try to play, it says something about my executable being out of date, so i use the automated updater, but it always tells me the same thing; "internet connection is invalid". I'm on a cable connection, so, i'm always connected, but it still won't detect my connection. The people in the forum on the Counterstrike official site, said that i should just not use the automated updater, so, i manually downloaded a brand new version and installed. But i still get the same message: "You're Counter-Strike executable is out of date." But, it shouldn't be. Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated... Thank you.

2. Stos

Stos

there's a mind boggling amount of updates and patches for CS that you need... Also, do you have the stand alone version or the mod from Half Life? It makes a pretty big difference... if you have the mod from Half Life you need to update your Half Life exe too. here's a link to the CS site I use to find most of my stuff... the link is directly to the download page for the updates:
    http://www.cscentral.com/files/cs/

hope this helps.

3. AtreideS

AtreideS

I found this on the CS Help and Support Site:
    "You either do not have the latest update, or you have a virus. Check to be sure that you have Version 1.1.1.0 of Half-Life and and CS 1.5 for Retail CS. If you are up-to-date, scan for a virus using Norton Anti-Virus or similar program. "

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118146

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice