1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Counterstrike source installation problems...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Stealth27, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stealth27

Stealth27 Thread Starter

hi,

i'm currently having ALOT!! of trouble with installing CS source. Feel like i've tried everything, but nothing works. This is what is happening:

1. when i actually manage to get the game menu running (as it seems the cd could be corrupted in some way)... i start to install the game. And then it ALWAYS hits a certain point where installation stops and comes up with an error saying:

ERROR 1305. Error reading from file: C://programfiles/steam/steamapps/counter-strike source shared.gcf. Verify the file exists and that you can access it.

...and of course goes no further than that. I have gone into the steam tech support site and offers nothing helpful. So i thought i'd try here.

Just so you all know, i have gone into the steam properties menu on the game and gone into local files and 'verified integritiy of game cache' ...but that does nothing either.
    This is also my second copy of this game, as i thought i had a faulty first copy, but the problems are of course repeating.

thanks for any help

2. Kramer55

Kramer55

Do you have HL2, or did you just purchase CS:S without having HL2?

3. Stealth27

Stealth27 Thread Starter

i purchased an edition that contains both CS Source, HL2 AND day of defeat source.

4. coolguy204

coolguy204

are you downloading it right from steam or are u using the cd to install it

5. squidboy

squidboy

6. coolguy204

coolguy204

try downloading it from steam that might work

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice