1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Counting criteria dependant on dates

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by crashdown, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crashdown

crashdown Thread Starter

i need to Count how many cells in col(O) display a "Y" between dates in col(C)

at the moment i use countif but this just counts all the "Y"'s

Excel 2007

each row displays many columns of data

the counting takes place on another sheet in the book as the data sheet cant be edited

each job entry is not necessarily in the correct date order as they are listed per job number col(A)

so i would like a formula to look at each date, access whether it falls between the given dates, and report back how many entries within the dates is marked with a "Y"

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi, since I have absolutely no idea of what you have my suggestion may not work but maybe you could add an extra column that, based on a formula that checks a specifi dat that could be entered in let's zay Z1 puts a 1 in all cells in a column next to column C where the date should be counted for and then count all "Y' where that column = 1 ?

No version of Excel, no idea of the further lay-out, so it's just a blind suggestion... hope you can do something with it.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Another suggestion

The Y & N are in Column O
    the dates are in Column C

so we need to know the dates you want to use between - in this forumla ,i'm using Cells H10 and I10 to show the dates between

and use this formula K10

Code:
    =COUNTIFS(O:O,"Y",C:C,">="&H10,C:C,"<="&I10)

see attached

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice