1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Coupla short Windows tricks

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by LANMaster, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned Thread Starter

Got a Wheeled Mouse?
    Try using the Control key with the mouse wheel.
    This works a zoom function.
    I know you do this for Office 2k apps as well, but in IE it just works on the text, so the page stays somewhat the same.

Delete files WITHOUT sending them to the Recycle Bin
    You can delete your files without sending them to the recycle bin
    Just shift-right click the file icon and choose delete from the menu that comes up.
    The file when deleted will not go to the recycle bin.
    BEWARE: The deleted file can not be restored.

Sometimes, it takes me a long time to reply to an email. If I did that to you: sorry. Others sometimes reply late, too. In an ongoing conversation, it's not always clear how it got started. Then it would be nice to quickly have a look at the original message. With Outlook, this is easy.
    To find related messages with Outlook, open a message and select Actions | Find All | Related Messages. This brings up a search window with all related messages that Outlook could find.
    :D

2. Berillio

Berillio

Whoaa... and not just on wheeled Mouse, this is a Genius NetMouse which has a "Balance Bar" ( I don't know how to call it - basically it is like a 3rd mid botton which rocks on a middle pivot, so it will scrolls up or down.... or side to side if the page is too narrow, provided u are on the sliding bit tho',)

3. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned Thread Starter

You must have a PC (as opposed to a MAC.

Though MAC's are superior for graphics, the PC can handle your MACHO mouse better.
    That's my opinion, but that's another thread entirely.
    :D

4. jose

jose

A very good tip,
    Thanks!!!!!!!
    Jose

5. mtbird

mtbird

If you use your shift key with your mouse wheel, it will work the same as your back button for previous pages.

Debe

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113374

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice