1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Couple XP questions

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TheFamilyGuy, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheFamilyGuy

TheFamilyGuy Thread Starter

On windows ME, you could right click on the programs button in the start menu, click open, and it would bring up a window displaying all the contents of the menu. You could move things into folders, create new folders, etc.. In XP, when I open the programs windows, it only displays a few of the folders, and a few of the icons. How can I set this to display everything thats in my programs menu?

2. mobo

mobo

Right click an empty space on the taskbar and select properties / start menu / customize / advanced / uncheck "scroll programs" click ok then apply.

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I think he wants it so that it shows all the programs when he clicks Start > Programs. Instead of just showing the most recently used programs and having to click the arrow to show all of them.

If that is the case, go to the same spot that Mobo pointed you to and Uncheck Personalized Menus.

4. mobo

mobo

Yes and if you uncheck "scroll programs" then the full list will appear when you click start / programs

5. TheFamilyGuy

That's not what I mean. I'll just give you an example. OK, so I just installed Office and it put six separate icons into my programs menu. Theres MS Access, then MS Excel, etc.. How can I make a new folder and put these six icons into it?

6. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

Make a folder in there.

7. TheFamilyGuy

Thanks a lot Squashman, that was it

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice