1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

coverting kmv files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Kailight, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kailight

Kailight Thread Starter

Hi,

i watch naruto and bleach anime and for some silly reason they started using mkv files. I used to just watch them on my ps3 but for a long long time now ive been stuck with watching them on my pc and ive decided enoughs enough.

Ive tried a few converters which will allow the files to be played on my ps3 but the problem is that the language is japanese with english subtitles. The converters i have used keep the audio and video but dont give me the subtitles options.

Is there any known way to convert mkv files to something that the ps3 would play but also keep the subtitles so i could understand what is being said.

Is this a hopeless wish or is there some light at the end of the tunnel?

Thanks
    Andy

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. littlephoenix

littlephoenix

i dont like to mess with MKV files, i usually convert them to avi or mp4 then mess with it, you can convert it over at http://www.dvdtoavi.net hope that helps.
    o and if you cant convert, corel video studio 12 reads the file format so, good luck

4. ww927bin

ww927bin Banned

I'm trying to convert an MKV files to the format of mp4 for playback on my PS3. The thing is that the mkv file contains two audio tracks, English and French. For some reason, the French track is the default track, but I can understand English only, so I have to look around the Internet for a program that allows me selecting English track as output audio track. After trying out couples of converters, finally I came across Pavtube MKV Converter in a forum, and found some good reviews on it. It really saved me a lot. Dont worry,this program keeps the subtitles well.

Share with you.You can download from here: http://www.pavtube.com/mkv-converter/

I am also a anime fan.I watch bleach and one piece now.
    Regards.

5. bobelinho

bobelinho

Have you tried XviD4PSP ? It is a great tool I use for video conversion. And above all it is FREE :) . You can download it here

6. blumovie2

blumovie2

i was attracted by the kmv file in the title, and curious what it is. Finally, just a writing mistake.
    Anyway, their suggestions seem great

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919607

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice