Tech Support Guy banner

Covid-19 Vaccine Shot

7K views 74 replies 18 participants last post by  lochlomonder 
#1 · (Edited)
😷 Finally I was able to book an appointment for myself and my sister for covid-19 vaccine shot in April and second shot in July

#5 ·
First shot, no reaction. Second shot I just had a sore arm for a couple of days.

Happy birthday boss!

#8 ·
My mom, sister and companion all received the Pfizer Vaccine and are partially vaccinated for now. My best friend received the Moderna Vaccine. I believe the Pfizer is the most affective and safe vaccine. If it's not Pfizer I will refuse! I do not trust other vaccines because there are dangerous reactions associated with some.

My granddaughter already had Covid-19 and recovered from it and has natural immunity for up to six months. This is month five for her! My granddaughter was asymptomatic at the time of infection. My son in-law flew in from AZ to PA with my granddaughter!! :love:

Her papa and I were so excited to see our precious angel after four years especially since we did not permit anyone to visit us in our home since the pandemic started! My granddaughter was the first!

Papa and I had a surprise for her with a nice Easter basket filled with her favorite activities, some candy and a solid chocolate Bunny! She loved her gifts and I hugged her and did not want to let her go! Nana missed her beautiful angel!🤗🥰

It was entirely safe since the area of AZ was considered low risk zone and the part of PA where my husband and I reside is also considered low risk zone as cases of covid-19 are decreasing in both areas.

#9 ·
Based on the long interval between 1st and 2nd shots you must live outside the United States and will be getting AstraZeneca shots.

What's the recommended dosage? (AstraZeneca outside United States)

The recommended dosage is two doses given intramuscularly (0.5ml each) with an interval of 8 to 12 weeks.
The Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine: what you need to know
https://www.who.int/news-room/featu...zeneca-covid-19-vaccine-what-you-need-to-know

Timing of your second shot (Pfizer & Moderna in United States)

The timing between your first and second shots depends on which vaccine you received.

• If you received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, you should get your second shot 3 weeks (or 21 days) after your first.
  • If you received the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, you should get your second shot 4 weeks (or 28 days) after your firs
COVID-19 Vaccines that Require 2 Shots
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201... should get your second,the second dose early.

#10 ·
Here in Quebec (I believe it's Canada wide but could be wrong about that) the government has decided to extend the second doses of all of the vaccines to 16 weeks in an intense effort to get as many people as possible vaccinated with their first dose. Especially since we are way behind other contries and the new variants are spreading rapidly.

#11 ·
With my second shot, I had a slightly sore arm around the injection site, for 2-3 days and a little bit of fatigue for almost a week.

I'm feeling fine now and will continue with social distancing and wearing a mask when in the presence of others......and general common sense.

imo, common sense is too often knowingly ignored.

Be well. :)

#16 ·
In your case, by way of sophistry. :)

Read my comment again and ponder, what is it you don't know? ;)
And remember, there's a jovial image at the end that many old timers at TSG understand about my situation :D

#25 ·
Not at all Mark, just a matter of getting there.
At the delivery place.
Which, if I have to go there is the opposite of the delivery concept thing.

But, I think it's best to be vaccinated.
I'll give it a shot :
:(
bad pun, sorry

#26 ·
Love to help you out, pal, but one of us is on the wrong end of the state. I think it's me ... ;-)

#37 · (Edited)
I don't know if you guys heard but in Quebec and many other provinces in Canada they decided we had to wait 16 weeks before getting our second shots because they wanted to get as many people as possible vaccinated with the first one so they'd have some protection plus there was a shortage of doses at the beginning so they felt that was more important.

Now the vaccines are coming in fast and furious so they've allowed us to go online and move our appointments up for the second doses and I will be able to get mine next week which is a bit over a month sooner than originally scheduled. So I'm happy about that. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.