1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cox.net / Outlook 2002 Conflicts

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by DTinVA, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTinVA

DTinVA Thread Starter

I just started using an Ipaq 4150 with the included Outlook 2002. My ISP, Cox.net only supports Outlook Express. I've noticed over a couple of days of having Outlook receiving and sending mail that I get periodic error messages when it tries to send/receive. Sometimes it requires that I restart my modem, sometimes not. The other computer on the network has this happen too. I'm wondering if Outlook 2002 is having a conflict with Cox. That is the only thing that has been done differently over this time period. BTW, the 2002 box is a W98 while the other box on the network is WXP.

Is anyone else using a pocket pc with Outlook 2002 on Cox.net successfully? I'd really like to be able to use it so I don't have to have one program for e-mail and another one for calendar and contacts.

2. dagorock

dagorock

I have cox.net and a hp ipaq 2215. I do not use outlook express. I use outlook. You can import/export your settings between the two email clients for faster setup. Good luck

3. DTinVA

DTinVA Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll give that a try. You haven't had any weird occurrences where the e-mail client has errors sending and receiving?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224695

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice