.cpl files ? Control panel help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

razzle51

can someone help me step by step to get to the cpl files . I have Windows xp , ie 6 thank you .

They're in C:\Windows\System32. Are you having some kind of problem with a control panel program?

razzle51

under control panel under add and remove programs I have several things that I didnt put on there programs and when I go to remove them it says "Used" or not used so I cant remove them somebody said it was spyware and I need to go to cpl to delete these programs . so I need to know step by step how to get to where they are. thanks

razzle51

I will look them up and write them down be back shortly

here are a few
Bufferchm
marketresearch
Panostandalone
solution
status
toolbox
tray app

bonk

Banned
Try running this

Please download SUPERAntiSpyware Home Edition (free version) – Home User

1. Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
  2. It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
  3. Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
  4. Click the Scanning Control tab.
  5. Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:

• Close browsers before scanning
    • Scan for tracking cookies
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
    • Please leave the others unchecked.
    • Click the Close button to leave the control center screen
  6. On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
  7. On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
  8. On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
  9. Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  10. After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
  11. Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
  12. It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.

Focusing on cpl files is unlikely to solve any problems. Post an HijackThis log for further help removing malware.

razzle51

I have Trend virus and spy ware program . Dont want to mess with another. somebody said all these were HP files . Dont now guess I should leave it alone

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online