Cpntacts- in OUTLOOK-many questions on refining functions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dogtalk

Just switched from Mac to Windows XP Pro and Office XP Pro and I keep looking for some of the simplicity of Outlook Express on the Mac in OUTLOOK. Here's what I need to accomplish. Thanks for your patience with this long list of questions. Answer whatever piece you can and I will be grateful.

Can I set iOUtlook to automatically, and every time, open the inbox in the upper third of my screen and my contacts in the lower part?

Can I give inbox and contacts different background colors?

How can I perform batch operations on Contacts
change the "file as" preference in the 50 random contacts that are filed "last name first" instead of the way I need them which is "first name first"
add the same zip code to all selected contacts
add the same category to a group on contacts being brought in as tab sep from Excel

How can I get contacts to print out on roldex-style cards? Every option I look at in "Print-page set-up--define" limits me to certain label types and shows the shaded background on the person's name? I want to define my own label size and remove the shaded background and set my own field order for this card.

How can I get rid of a contact I can't find? I want Mike R to be the first Mike or the only Mike that comes up when I address an email message. Instead, Mike C comes up first. I have searched all three of my Contacts folders and can't even FIND a Mike C although I think he may be in an Excel database somewhere on my system.

Finally, and with many thanks, can I do anything to control the order of the names that are offered when I type an address in an email message. For instance, in the above, if I had Mike C and Mike F and Mike L and Mike R, how could I put them in order so that Mike R came first, then Mike L, Then Mike C and then Mike F.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online