1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU 90+ degrees

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by skymind, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skymind

skymind Thread Starter

Hi,

I bought this computer 1 month ago: https://www.pccomponentes.com/pccom-gold-cylon-intel-core-i5-8600k-16gb-240gb-ssd-2tb-gtx-1060-6gb.

Everything works correctly until you open any application or game. At that time, the PC starts to slow down.

I downloaded the HWMonitor and the SpeedFan, both report a CPU temperature between 90 and 100 degrees. It's a little weird...

I have checked that the liquid refrigeration was well connected and that the thermal paste was correctly installed. I have connected the fan to the CPU_FAN and the water pump to the AIO PUMP of my motherboard.

When I access the BIOS, I can see the RMPs of the CPU_FAN, but the AIO PUMP is displayed as N / A.

The voltage setting of the DRAM is 1.2 as indicated by the manufacturer.

I can not think of anything else, will the pump be broken or is the thermal paste problem?

Can anybody help me? I can provide all the necessary reports.

Thank you very much.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Your link does not work; blocked.
    Have you contacted the seller? That is the very first thing you do. If you start messing around with the system, you will void your warranty. Unless the seller directs you to do some troubleshooting and or repairs, let the seller handle the problem.

FWIW I am not a fan of water cooling [even though one of my personal systems uses a coolermaster 240 AIO] Unless you are hard core overclocking, there is no need for water cooling; just a leak waiting to happen.

3. skymind

skymind Thread Starter

Yes, I will contact the seller tomorrow, but today is Sunday and everything is closed. I need the computer working for work :S Thank you so much for your reply.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You might want to list ALL of your exact parts since your link does not work. Again, contact the seller prior to you messing with anything.
    Some motherboards [again I have no idea what board you are using] need to be config for water pump or chassis fan. This is done in the bios. Other [high end] motherboards will do this automatically when a pump is detected. My asrock taichi board will config the water pump/fan header depending on what is connected.

5. skymind

skymind Thread Starter

Power supply: Nox 750W
    Processor: Intel Core i5-8600K 3.8GHz
    AIO Fan: Nfortec Hydrus 120
    Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z370-P
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Red DDR4 2400 PC4-19200 16GB 2x8GB CL15
    GRAPHIC Card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

Sorry, didn't read your message :S

I will not touch the tower anymore, just want to know if I can configure something from BIOS.

Thank you so much :)

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That is a mid-level asus board and it should config the pump/fan header itself however it does not hurt to check the bios.

7. skymind

skymind Thread Starter

BIOS checked.

I see a pump control option which I changed to DC mode (for the 3-spin pump), but nothing changed.

No more options seen :(

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215414

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice