1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cpu acting weird Last couple days.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by knukeh, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. knukeh

knukeh Thread Starter

Ok, so im new to the pc building. So I dont know a whole lot yet. I built my first computer last year and i have recently upgraded to me new hardware.

Everything was working just fine for 2-3 weeks. Over the last few days Core 1 would be under 45%-70% constant load while idling. I turned off my pc and unplugged everything and gave it a good blow out. This seemed to clear it up for about 24 hrs. Then it started again. Also 3 out of 8 core randomly got parked which i have never noticed before. And wouldnt start up under stress. I change the settings in "regedit" so that they would always be working.

The second time my core started to have a constant usage while idling i noticed in the resource monitor that "system interrupts" was using a huge amount. So i gave it anouther cleaning and it seemed to bring down the usage to normal levels. When i look at the resource monitor it says there are still system interrupts. They are only using about 0.02.

Is there a permanent fix? Is there always system interrupts?

Well that is about it I think. Help would be awesome. Thank you.

2. knukeh

knukeh Thread Starter

Here are my current system specs.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8167 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 x 2 Crossfirex
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 309949 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P8Z68-V PRO
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

3. knukeh

knukeh Thread Starter

4. knukeh

knukeh Thread Starter

Anybody?

5. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

System interrupts are a normal part of system activity. "parking" cores when the system is not busy saves power.

Not sure you have a problem at all. If you think too much CPU time is being taken up, then you need to be looking at the task manager to see what is running.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice