CPU always running at 100%

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xzimbo

Hi!

I have a Toshiba Satellite 4010 CDS. I have an external monitor, mouse and keyboard hooked up to it. 96 megs. Computer is awfully slow in processing. Even whilst on the net ( have DSL), clicking on a link could take as long as 15 seconds to process. My system monitor tells me that the cpu is running at 100% usage. What could be the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xzimbo

Taskinfo2000 is a great utility for analyzing such problems. It will breakdown cpu usuage among running tasks and give you a host of other info besides. Well worth the honor system 12$ registration.

http://www.iarsn.com/index.html#/download.html

Windows sysmon is not completely reliable, but if things are running as slow as you say they are, something must be hogging resources. Without a specific taskmonitor, you might be able to identify this by doing a ctrl-alt-del and end-tasking, one at a time, running tasks in the Close Programs window. Leave Explorer, Systray, and rnaapp (if online).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online