cpu amd xp 2800

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lobotech

Hi
I bought a barebone with a soyo dragon plus KT600.
I took my cpu amd xp 2800 from my old pc and insert it in my new soyo.
Everything works fine. the speed seems OK. But why my system tells me
that I am using " AMD Atlhon (m) 1,25 GHz " ?????????
thank you anyone.

Assuming your 2800 is supposed to be running at 333Mhz FSB...

Go into BIOS and change the FSB setting to 166. It is most likely set to 100 or 133 right now as those are factory default.

When set properly, the 2800 should be running at 2.083Ghz

lobotech

JSanguancheu said:
Assuming your 2800 is supposed to be running at 333Mhz FSB...

Go into BIOS and change the FSB setting to 166. It is most likely set to 100 or 133 right now as those are factory default.

When set properly, the 2800 should be running at 2.083Ghz

lobotech

ye jsanguancheu
you,r right but don,t forget you have also that jumper( FJ1 jumper block )on the motherboard ( soyo dragon + )that you have to set the right way( 4 positions from 100MHz to 200MHz ).the bios changes automatically if you use the right position .I found it with my binoculars....
thank you

lobotech said:
ye jsanguancheu
you,r right but don,t forget you have also that jumper( FJ1 jumper block )on the motherboard ( soyo dragon + )that you have to set the right way( 4 positions from 100MHz to 200MHz ).the bios changes automatically if you use the right position .I found it with my binoculars....
thank you
LOL. Soyo still uses jumpers for that? Alrighty..whatever works.
Everything work out ok?

lobotech

ye
I thought that soyo was better that my old albatron kx600 pro
not really the only upgrade I got now is serial ata and firewire.
but my albatron recognizes the cpu without jumpers!

dustyjay

Jay
Some new boards do still use jumpers. This doesnt mean mean that they are not good boards. It also doesnt mean that they do not have other more up to date features. The Gigabyte boards dont use jumpers either. but they have dip switchs for the same purpose. Dip switchs = fancy jumpers! Still good boards.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online