1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU and Motherboard temps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by staticbyte, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. staticbyte

staticbyte Thread Starter

Just after some feedback, ive got a e6320 and pn5-esli /w zalman cnp9600.

the zalman is on full belt at about 2400 rom
    the side of my case is off (very old tank of a case, no additional fans.)
    my cpu is overlocked at 20% just using the motherboard bios utility, nothing hardcore.
    almost idle atm my mb temp is around 39/40 and my cpu 40.

ive seen the antec nine hundred which looks very interesting, lots of fans (ofcourse i expect some noise). could anyone vouch for this case? i do also like the antec p180 very much but its not in stock anywhere round where i live and i was hoping to swap cases this weekend.

im also gunna get some arctic silver paste, re apply it to my cpu as i may have piled too much on last time round. I just wana lower my temperatures, some people claim they get no higher than 29c at idle.

2. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

Yup, the 900 is notorious for its not so silent operation but it is an amazing case :) I have an Antec P182 ADVANCED, a slightly improved P180 and it is an amazing case, quiet and cool and a breeze to install. If you like th elook of the 900 though you can't go far wrong and it will give you years of service :)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Also, properly applied thermal paste makes a huge difference in temps. Only a pea sized blob should be apliead and pread out eveny across the CPU. MAke sure you clean the CPU and heatsink properly before hand though using rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth or cotton bud.

3. staticbyte

woohoo, this case is awsome. 45 at idle to 28-30 at idle overclocked at 2.6ghz. 36 on load. motherboard temperature doesnt go past 31.

isnt the quietest of cases, but it looks awsome, very sturdy peice of kit. 9/10 :)

4. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

Which case have you gone for? :)

5. staticbyte

i went for the nine hundred. I would agree that if your looking for a sensible case the antec p180 series wud be better, but what the hell, its a gaming rig so why not be a bit more fun and spontanious lol.

6. staticbyte

oh and cheers for the heads up with the thermal paste, i cleaned and added some silver based compound, only a slight amount so i think that helped alot. ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice