1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cpu and the mother board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jazzmaster44, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzmaster44

jazzmaster44 Thread Starter

Have an E Machine PC it is not booting up, so, I open up the computer. I saw the CPU fan was not running and the processor was hot. I went out purchase used CPU Celeron, the computer is doing the same thing and not booting up. Do you think the CPU and the mother board is bad. The power supply is good, the fan in power supply is working. I also used a power supply tester.

Thanks!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Was your old CPU a Celeron as well? Same speed?

You may want use the Clear CMOS jumper to clear the BIOS settings or you can pull out the CMOS battery for a few minutes.

Try reseating the RAM and video card as well. Or try a known good piece of RAM and a good video card. You can disconnect all the drives and remove any unneccessary PCI cards like a modem.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Hard to say what's bad, what kind of processor was in the MB? FWIW, Intel processors normally will shutdown to save themselves if they get too hot, it's pretty hard to burn one up from lack of cooling.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/294879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice