CPU cooler ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FlaFoci

I have a question about CPU cooling, I have an AMD 1.1 Thunderbird and I want to use the Thermaltake Mini Super ORB model # DUO 462-8 with a copper shim, but its says not to use the shim unless you are installing a Dragon Series ORB, can anyone tell me the differance between the two coolers, and why I cant use the shim on the Thunderbird chip.

BTW I looked at their site and I couldn't find anything telling me the differance between the 2 cooloers

The dragon is designed for a P4 system...completely different chips.

FlaFoci

OK but the Mini ORB is for the Athlon/Thunderbird, and Thermaltake site says.

"Warning"
Do not use the copper shim with ORB series cooler.
Except for Dragon series ORB coolers

The ORB mini is an ORB cooler, correct ??
Is the base of the 2 cooloers different ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online