1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU Cooler

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alex1337, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex1337

Alex1337 Thread Starter

Just a quick question:
    Does the Scythe Mini Ninja Heatpipe CPU cooler work with Socket AM3 processors? It only states AM2 in the description but I've heard somewhere it works with socket AM3 processors, it would be going on an AMD phenom II x2 3.2ghz black edition processor. I've got a small case so I need this coolers size, unless you can suggest any other small cpu coolers (preferably under 130mm in height) for AM3 sockets.

Many thanks, Alex

2. replay

replay

i would bet it will fit am3

Model Name: Ninja Mini CPU Cooler

Model #: SCMNJ-1000

Compatibility:
    Intel:
    Socket 478 All Speeds
    Socket T / (LGA)775 All Speeds

AMD:
    Socket 754 All Speeds
    Socket 939 All Speeds
    Socket 940 All Speeds
    Socket AM2 All Speeds

Dimension:
    110x110x115mm (Overall)
    80x80x25mm (Fan)

Fan Speed: 2300rpm (±10%)

Fan Noise: 24.4dBA

Air Flow: 32.2CFM

Weight: 580g

Installation Manual: Ninja Mini Manual (English/French/German)

The universal compatibility that the Scythe Ninja Mini affords from socket 478 though to AMD's socket AM2 is a welcome feature; ensuring that those on older sockets can benefit from a quiet and efficient cooling solution. So too is the reduction in weight. It seems that many cooling hardware manufacturers are bordering on the 'crazy' side when it comes to size. If the Scythe Ninja Mini can cool a quad-core processor efficiently whilst weighing in at just under 600 grams then I'm impressed.

3. Alex1337

Alex1337 Thread Starter

I'd love to be happy to go with that but I need a more solid word, has anyone had experience with this cooler/know any more info on it or know of any more coolers?

4. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

5. Alex1337

Alex1337 Thread Starter

Cheers jack! was probably abit lazy and should of checked the website :D wonder why it's only stated as supporting AM2? anyway, thanks.

6. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Happy to help. I have found that scyth has great web support for it's products along with coolermaster and antec.

Jack-O-Bytes

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/935504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice