1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CPU Core

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jr79, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jr79

jr79 Thread Starter

Why do my computer keeps telling me "CPU Core 2.04" ?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8142 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (563 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., G11CD-K
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Are you referring to cpu speed? If so, what exact utility are you using to see the speed of the processor?
    Next all modern processors downclock to a slower speed when max speed is not needed. Right now my system shows cpu speed as 2200 even though it is overclocked to 3900. When stressing the system, does your speed go up to rated speed?

Attached Files:

3. jr79

jr79 Thread Starter

Its a notification that comes up saying cpu core is at 2.o4v so i guess its the power going through the cpu core.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

2.04V is way above normal vcore.
    Go into the bios and check your cpu voltage or vcore. Read your manual as to bios options/menus. Each bios [and often each bios update] has different menus so giving you detailed instructions is impossible.

I would tend to think the p0pup is in error since 2.04V is way above normal vcore for a 7700.

5. jr79

jr79 Thread Starter

how do i get to bios?

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you read your manual? That is the very first thing to do. Most motherboards use the del key, F2, key or other key or key combo to access the bios.

7. jr79

jr79 Thread Starter

Vcore is at .68v

8. jr79

jr79 Thread Starter

i hope this file helps im using speed fan

Attached Files:

• 1c.PNG
      1c.PNG
      File size:
      58.3 KB
      Views:
  9. jr79

jr79 Thread Starter

here is the other speed fan screen for more information

Attached Files:

• 1a1.PNG
      1a1.PNG
      File size:
      56.7 KB
      Views:
  10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If that reading of vcore was in the bios, then do not worry about the popup.
    Speedfan was a decent program in it's day however that day has long passed. Just as an example, speedfan shows your 12V rail @6.65V; that is not possible. The system would not POST. Any other reading is equally suspect.
    Most motherboard mfg have purpose designed software for monitoring; use that. If you cannot find anything, use hwinfo64. A much better option than speedfan.

11. lynx1021

lynx1021

Press "Del" when the ASUS logo appears on the screen to enter the BIOS. There should be a setting for defaults. I have heard some times automatic advanced settings will raise the CPU voltage too high. From what I have read 1.4v is about max you want to run it. 2.04V if that is a correct reading is way too high. You can download CPUID and run it here to look at reading. https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

12. jr79

jr79 Thread Starter

here is the other reading

Attached Files:

13. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are correct in that Auto overclocking raises vcore too high. This is why I always advocate setting ALL parameters manually [including vcore] in the bios.
    Just as an example, this Asus ROG board set vcore @1.47V when I clicked the Auto OC. Currently running @1.32V and overclocked to 3.9gig.

14. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Those readings are fine. This looks like a pre-built system using an asus board. I looked on the support site and I do not see any monitoring software.
    I would not worry about the popup. You could run something like prime95 or OCCT [both free downloads] Monitor vcore while running either of those. That will show you how high vcore can go. If it stays at something like 1.3V or so, it is fine.

15. jr79

jr79 Thread Starter

I finally got to the Asus Bios Utility this is what i found:

CPU Temp. +44c / 111F
    CPU fan speed 1028 rpm
    Chassis fan speed 1436 rpm
    CPU core voltage +1.112v
    3.3v voltage +3.376v
    5v voltage +5.080v
    12v voltage +12.096v

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice