Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cpu dying!

763 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  GripS 
#1 ·
ok i bought a cpu from a Lan Cafe a few years ago and it was very good but then after a while i got a trojan... so the cpu started to get slower and so i decided to get EZTRUST. But after i got it my cpu freezes everytime i open an application... What can be the problem? How can i fix this?

#2 ·
You've left out a lot of information. The CPU itself is not dying. If you have a trojan you need to get rid of it for your system to operate correctly again. If the system freezes doing anything in windows normally then try and boot up in safe mode(tapping F8 during the windows splash screen).

Download and run the following in safe mode: Ad-aware, Spybot Search + Destroy, AVG anti-virus, Symnatec Stinger(these are all free).

If you are running windows XP you will need to disable system restore(which will also delete all restore points) before doing the above scans. This is necessary as a lot of nasty trojans/viruses embed themselves in system restore to re-infest your system.

Alternatively if you feel all is lost and you have nothing important you can't get back again you can always re-format the hard drive and do a clean install of windows(last resort of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.